Tuesday 27 January 2009

Jessica Simpson - Fab or Flab?

I was a bit shocked when I saw this picture of the normally super svelte Jessica Simpson performing at a gig in Florida last weekend. If you superimposed my head into the picture I reckon this is pretty much my body shape. This would normally have made me feel quite good about myself apart from the fact that every newspaper and magazine is reporting how she's 'let herself go' and 'boy, 'hasn't she filled out'!

Ok, agreed, she ain't going to fit into those Daisy Duke denim shorts she sported for the Dukes of Hazzard movie a while back but does she really look overweight to you? Her stomach is flat, her face still holds its undeniable beauty and she has a chest that most women would die for. However, I can't help but think that until we stop comparing ourselves to stick thin models, airbrushed imagery and ignoring irresponsible reportage, we're never going to think that girls like Jessica (who is probably only a UK size 12) are to be admired for their beauty and healthy body shape.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin