Monday 1 June 2009

The Witchery

This weekend I spent my precious 48 hours of me time in the deliciousness of Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh. Aside from lying around in the scorching sun drinking vino, I managed to drag myself back to my house to get smartened up to go for a feast at The Witchery restaurant.

If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant, you haven't lived. It is truly like stepping back in time to an era when electricity wasn't invented and soliders were still fighting off the approaching army at the foothills of the adjacent castle. With dark wooden interiors, candlelight, fresh traditional fare and handsome waiters it's the stuff that Scottish dreams are made of.

Not exactly the cheapest restaurant in town, main courses can stretch well over £29 but there is also a light lunch/pre-theatre menu for just £12.95 which is what I plumped for in the end. Red mackerel tempura, followed by fisherman's pie and washed down with a lovely Sauvignon Blanc, you simply can't go wrong.
If you're lucky enough to visit the city, The Witchery is a must.

The Witchery by the Castle
Castlehill, The Royal Mile
Edinburgh
EH1 2NF
Tel: 0131 225 5613

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin