Wednesday 17 June 2009

Exercise... and Revlon


Sorry for the delay in blogging, peeps. I've been totally stacked up with work, hen parties, organising holidays and the impending nuptials of my older sister, Laura... oh yeah, and trying to get trim!

Sadly, I don't quite look this cartoon in real life, but boy I am trying hard. Of course beauty isn't all about what's on the outside but on some occasions - i.e. when you're chief bridesmaid - it definitely is.

However, to achieve outer beauty, I'm really focusing on my insides. Think green veggies, grilled chicken, bland fish, strengthening my core muscles... god, I'm becoming a fitness bore, but I think it's all a pretty worthy cause, right?! It's only once that your sister gets married... and one day (hopefully) it'll be me walking down the aisle in my Jenny Packham dress, so I may as well lay the foundations of a beaut bod now.

Before I run out the door to meet my trainer, I also wanted to let you know that I'm currently trialling Revlon's gorge new lip product, Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick. I must say that I'm not a huge fan of lipstick in general, but, as my mother says, it's far more grown-up and ladylike than gloss, and seeing as I'm almost 28 years old, I figured it was time to give it a whirl.

My samples droppped through the post the other day and I must say that I'm quite taken with the shade 010 Premium Pink. The packaging makes you believe you might be in for a gloss but as soon as you apply it to your lips, it sinks into a lipstick-like sheen and dries to a matt finish. I admit that it can feel tacky for a minute or so after application but give the product a chance to dry properly and absorb and you'll be really pleased you made the effort.

I've been wearing my new lip love to work and lots of my desk buddies have been saying how great my new-found lips look. I'm close to chucking out the glosses and pledging my allegiance to the beauty of the liquid lipstick.

Big thumbs-up Revlon.

PS Fancy getting your hands on a full-sized liquid lipstick? Revlon are giving away full-sized versions to review on http://www.revlonultimate.co.uk/ Simply apply on or after the 19th June (while stocks last) await the product then upload your written review to http://www.revlonultimate.co.uk/ or post a video review on http://www.youtube.com.revlonuk/. If you're the lucky winner you'll receive £500 worth of Revlon goodies and become the Official Online Beauty Reviewer for Revlon Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in the UK.

Good luck.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin