Monday 16 March 2009

Sad But True: Max Factor Natural Minerals Foundation

I hate writing about a product that I'm disappointed with, but now is one of those times. Not wholly disappointed, just a little bit.

For the last two weeks I've been trying (or more like, wrestling) with Max Factor's Natural Minerals Foundations. It promises a buildable, natural-looking coverage and claims to 'apply evenly'.

Sadly, this isn't the case. As much as I did like the colour when I finally managed to get it onto my face, it was just so darn impossible to use without powder flying over everything in a 2 metre radius. Every morning I would think, 'right, today's the day that I'm going to crack that little blighter' and carefully unscrew the built-in brush (which feels as soft as a towel that's been left out in the sun for too long) before trying to push it gently into the powder. Upon the brush exiting the powder is where the problems really begin. The brush is just too small and coarse to hold the powder and it's physically impossible to achieve even coverage with such a small brush head (unless you're Charlotte Tilbury).

I don't like to compare but Elizabeth Arden's new built-in grinder mineral foundation is far more user friendly and is designed for a bigger brush to pick up the powder. It's a joy to use.

4/10 for Max Factor I'm afraid though. It just shows how a good beauty product can be spoiled by the packaging.
Definitely back to the drawing board on the design functionality.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin