Whether you love it or hate it, Drew Barrymore's dip-dye hairdo has certainly got people talking (and that's what you want, right?!)
Now, trust me on this one when I say that this look isn't for the faint-hearted - I for one would look ridiculous. However, for the experimental Scoopers amongst us, take note of what Francesca Davies, Headmasters Salon Art Director says about attempting the look... Good luck!
- Texturize your hair style - it makes the dip-dye effect more tongue-in-cheek and less try-hard.
- Try before you buy - for a taster try introducing slices of colour as opposed to covering all of the ends in solid colour.
- Think of your look - before committing to this style, check your wardrobe and ask – will a rock-chic vibe suit me?
- Even consider it if you’re over 30 and don’t fit the ‘cool’ moniker - this trend is extremely kooky and ‘difficult to carry off’ is an understatement.
- Go there if you are a commitment-phobe - blondes beware! Be prepared for a harsh cut or long chemical service to remove if you change your mind...
- Plunge in head first. Discuss options to suit you with your colourist– especially if you don't want to go for a strong colour contrast but like the dipping trend.
- Try on layered hair. This style works best on one-length styles – do not attempt if your hair is heavily graduated.