Sunday 12 April 2009

Chantecaille - I Do Love Thee

I've fallen in love again... with Chantecaille. I've always had a bit of a thing for the brand, not only because the product is so flippin' good and the packaging so slick in all of its purple finery, but also because the brand and its owners, mother/daughter team Sylvie and Olivia, conjour up such visions of glamour and NYC/Hamptons-esque grandeur... you've gotta love it).

I've used one of their products, Total Concealer, for years now but recently I'd become sidetracked as I tried new, and not so remarkable alternatives. Fishing around in my make-up bag this week, I came across a pot of TC and decided to give it a whirl. It comes in a kind of paste pot so I decided to apply it with a Ruby & Millie retractable lip brush. Different, yes, but it's the best, most precise way to apply the product... and make-up rules were made to be broken, ladies.


It really is a wonderful product, it's smooth and and doesn't sit on top of the skin, instead it sinks in to give a real glow and somehow revitalises the skin. I use it on my eye bags and to banish the redness around my nose - it's a 'can't live without' product.

I couldn't find a precise price point for this product but if I remember correctly it's approx £29. Check out their counter at Fenwicks. It's old school glamour combined with chic modern technology personified.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin