Saturday 4 April 2009

BECCA Cosmetics - A Lesson in Good Make-Up










"The whole philosophy of BECCA is about creating a natural, flawless look. It's really about skin looking amazing - everything else is secondary."- Rebecca Morrice Williams, Founder.

Wise words from the founder of BECCA Cosmetics. I've championed the BECCA brand for many years now. Ever since one of my friends sent me an email after seeing a picture of me at a party saying: "Hey, how are you? And what make-up are you wearing?" I knew then that I was onto a winner.
BECCA Cosmetics hails from down under (that's Oz to the geographically incapable amongst you - i.e. me!) and was devised Rebecca, who in her former life was a make-up artist. She was frustrated by her own inability to find the 'perfect foundation' that would look natural, conceal blemishes, feel weightless on the skin and stay fresh all day so she set out to create it herself. The result is a range of skin-perfecting products that make it possible for ALL women to experience the ultimate pleasure of a flawless and radiant complexion. Yes, indeed. And her foundations and concealing products don't just come in three or four differing shades - BECCA has 34 concealer colours and 30 foundation shades. Additionally, they have seriously high SPF protection which is ideal for my pale Scottish skin.

Now it's not just bases and concealing products that they do - they also offer a full range of accompanying products like lip glosses, creme blushes, eyebrow powder (my desert island product!) etc...

Creme Blush in Rosebud (£22) is one of their most popular products and rightly so. It glides on and really helps make you look youthful, perky and dewy. It's a must if you're off for a night on the tiles, but is also equally powerful for a natural look that you can sport whilst wearing a sarong, your biggest sunnies as you sip your first Caiprinhia of the day.

Another brilliant product is the Shimmering Skin Perfector (£32) I had a make-over a while back at their stunning flagship store on Pelham Street (top pic) - it's a real must if you're in need of a large dose of 'me time'. One of their leading make-up artists from New York did my make-up and one of the products she used was SSP. She applied it over my foundation on areas like my cheeks, down my nose and around my hairline. I wasn't sure if this would make much differnce but upon looking in the mirror, I couldn't believe how much it helped lift and brighten my face. It made my skin look gorgeously healthy and completely flawless. I was the closest I'll ever be to having the J.Lo glow and boy was I happy. A must-buy product if ever there was one.

One last thing - I know, I've been babbling. The new Half Moon Brush (£30) which is constructed from the softest and the highest grade goat hair, hand layered with super fine white synthetic fibers for super sheer blending, buffing, highlighting and contouring (think bronzers, illuminators and mineral powders.) With a flat and wide design, the Brush is shaped to fit the contours of your face, neck, chest, and shoulders.

Can you tell that I love this brand?

BECCA London, 91A Pelham Street, London, SW7 2NJ, T: 020 7225 2501
www.beccacosmetics.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin