Wednesday 20 May 2009

The Ritual Rooms: Wax Review


I'm a bit timid when it comes to wax, but I venture to the same salon every month because needs simply must. However, lately I've been thinking that there must be a place out there that not only caters to my hair removal needs, but also makes me feel pampered and special in the same way that a facial or a massage would do.

And, I think I've found it. Nestled behind the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street is a quaint street by the name of New Quebec Street... and situated at the end of the road is the heavenly oasis that is The Ritual Rooms.

I was warmly welcomed into the tranquil waiting area where I filled out a health form before it was time for my Brazilian Wax in preparation for my holiday the next day (the waiting area also allowed me to sink some water and a cake... or two. That is what I call service)

Laura, my therapist, then led me downstairs to the spacious and really comfortable treatment room. I felt completely and utterly relaxed, unlike my normal 'I'm stressed and I really don't want to be here' demeanour that only rears its ugly head come waxing day.

Laura gave me some time to slip into the glamorous paper pants and before I knew it she had started the hot wax process. Unlike waxing with strips of material, which can be terribly painful, hot wax is administered to the area, left for a 30 seconds or so and pulled off quickly. Laura and I chatted as she went about removing the required amount of hair and within 15-20 minutes I was able to stand in front of the mirror and (shyly but happily) admire her handiwork.

Aside from the the interiors and the friendly staff, it was the efficiency and expertise of Laura that made me feel so at ease. I felt very well looked after and was super impressed with the results. As I strutted along the beach the next day, I felt confident that my bikini line wasn't going to let me down and I can say, hand on heart, that I shall return to The Ritual Rooms, in, er, about 3 days time!

Try it for yourself, I know you'll be impressed.

Braxilian Wax £40

The Ritual Rooms
13 New Quebec St
Portman Village
London, W1
T: 0207 724 3884

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin