The 2010 British Hairdresser of the Year nominees have just been announced.
The nominated hairdressers are;
1. Andrew Barton - previous winner of British Hairdresser of the Year 2006, Andrew is the owner of Andrew Barton Salons in Covent Garden. This is Andrew’s ninth nomination.
2. Errol Douglas - this is the 14th nomination for Knightsbridge salon owner Errol Douglas, previous winner of Afro Hairdresser of the Year 1993, 1995 and 2007.
3. Tim Hartley - this is Tim’s first British Hairdresser of the Year nomination.
4. Mark Hayes – this is the second nomination for Mark, the International Creative Director of Sassoon.
5. Akin Konizi - Artistic Director for hob salon group, and the current British Hairdresser of the Year. Akin also won the title in 2008, making him only the third person in the awards history to win the award for two consecutive years. This is Akin’s fifth nomination.
6. Angelo Seminara - the 2007 British Hairdresser of the Year and International Creative Director at Trevor Sorbie. This is Angelo’s fifth nomination.
7. Phil Smith - as an investor in 25 international Toni & Guy salons, this is Phil’s eighth nomination.
8. Gary Hooker & Michael Young - this is the third nomination for owners of salon group Hooker & Young.
The winner will be announced on Monday 22nd November 2010.