Wednesday 6 January 2010

Look Out NYC, Here I Come

I'm hoping to head to NYC next month - if I can persuade His Lordship to part with some of the BA airmiles he's been enthusiastically accumulating over the past year - LA, NY, Brazil, Australia - you name it, he's been there. And while he's been 'busy working' I've been slaving away at home making the place look and smell pretty, so I feel it's only fair that I get to spend some of those lovely little points on a trip to my favourite place in the world. (I won't mention the fact that I want to fly First to LA for our honeymoon in July - mum's the word...)

Anyway, with all this American stuff in mind I thought I'd hop on to the Sephora website to see what lovely beauty buys await my (His) Amex...

In no particular order, here's what I'm after:


1. Too Faced Fun in the Dark Light-Up Mirror Make-Up Palette $32.50
A cute, limited-edition collection of the brand's best sellers—plus, two exclusive eyeshadows. The light up mirror is an added bonus for getting your look right when you're on the go.

2. Bare Escentuals Expert Picks $98
Three members of the Sephora team picked the best, most-wearable shades and products for this eyes, lips and cheek trio - think moisturiser, face colour, primer, eye colour, mascara and gloss. Everything a girl could need.

3. Sephora By OPI Too Good For Him Nail Colour $9
A delicious, sparkly and vampy purple number which will work well against the cold, grey sidewalks of Manhattan (and my fab faux fur grey knee-length shaggy coat) - grrrr.

4. Strivectin Got Wrinkles? $99 (worth $150)
Er, not yet but if I keep going the way I am then I definitely will soon. This antiageing kit for eyes and hands (SJP I will not become) should keep the pesky skin folds at bay for a few more years' yet.

5. Philosophy's Flirty Girl Lip Shine Duo $20
I don't know what it is about NYC but I suddenly become invincible, cheeky and incredibly flirty almost as soon as I land back in Manhattan. Hid Lordship needn't worry, I'm a one-man kind of gal but there's nothing wrong with a wink and a smile here and there, right?! To help in my misbehaving mission I'll definitely be applying Flirty Girl lip shine (or Bubble Gum Blow Out, for that matter) to make my lips look and feel fabulous.

Now, where is that man so we can get booking?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin