Monday, 29 March 2010
Currently experiencing picture upload problems - a tad annoying, I think you'll agree.
However, here's a rundown of things that are making me happy in the beauty world.
- Jo Malone collaboration with Farrow & Ball. Absolutely delish new candle collection featuring the top Malone scents - Lime, Basil & Mandarin, Pomegranate Noir, Blue Agava & Cacao etc... housed in signature F&B colours. To die for. Available mid-April.
- Kiehl's mineral mascara (£15) landing at Selfridges in April. Combining volumising acacia senegal with conditioning jojoba oil and aloe vera, your lashes are set to get longer, more luscious and totally desirable.
- Avon's Speed Dry+ Polishes - some colours to really rival those of Butter London & nails inc. I am loving Red Wine (ruby red), Twilight Blue (stunning mignight blue) and Ballerina (candy pink). And it works - drys in super fast time and has great staying power. £6 each and available at www.avonshop.co.uk.
Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.
Thursday, 11 March 2010
There is no confirmation yet on how The Lost Boys star died but it's being widely reported that it was an accidental overdose. It's heartbreaking that yet another Hollywood celebrity has checked out of this wonderful life early due to apparent addictions to prescription drugs. It's well documented that Corey had a history of addiction and it pains me that someone who was so well respected (earlier in his career) and talented has ended up in an early grave.
Corey Feldman spoke out last night about how Hollywood can make you a child star and then chews you up and spits you out when they're bored with you, which is what happened to Corey (Haim). He shot to fame but ended up living in a rental apartment with little money. He had shot two new films this year so maybe things were looking up for him but this is yet another example of how Hollywood isn't all glitz and glamour and can have such a detrimental effect on those who can't resist temptation.
Rest in peace, Corey.
Available nationwide from March 2010
Stockists: 0870 034 2566
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
To ensure that she feels loved and knows that she's in my thoughts this Sunday, I shall be sending her some beautiful flowers and her favourite beauty goodies from Liz Earle. As she's not quite the spring chicken she was once (although she still has an uncanny resemblance to Crystal Carrington of Dynasty fame) I'll be opting for the Pampering Superskin Face Treats (£29.95) selection, which consists of:
Superskin Concentrate (in a handy 10ml rollerball size)
Superskin Moisturiser 15ml
A sample of new Superskin Eye & Lip Treatment - all in a white zip-up case.
That should keep her quiet until her birthday in August... who am I kidding?!
Monday, 8 March 2010
1. Cameron Diaz - for her sultry yet all-American girl look. Finally she gets it bang on in the hair/make-up depts and also the dress department.
2. Demi Moore - who continues to amaze with her ageless face and body. She channelled a flawless yet flirty girly style that quietly whispered "I'm a cougar and I'm proud of it." If you've got it, flaunt it.
3. A surprise Scoop entrant in the form of Miss Zoe Saldana. I can't say I was mad on her dress but she really managed to rock it, and her make-up (by NARS) was paired down yet elegant and eye-focused.
"We wanted to achieve a sexy and sophisticated look while keeping it balanced with her dress. With luminous skin and neutral-glossed lips, I was able to really focus on her beautiful almond-shaped eyes." said Vera Steimberg for NARS Cosmetics.
And - from the parties, my favourite had to be Victoria Beckham. I absolutely love her elegant, figure-skimming gown (from her own collection naturally) and her signature smoky eye make-up. Looking good, VB.
Wednesday, 3 March 2010
Bond No.9 is a brand that feels special to me because it evokes so many NYC memories - the whole premise of the brand is to evoke scents of Manhattan - uptown, downtown, east and west... and this one is no different. Its base notes combine bur oak, from the trees that thrives there, with imported sea moss, "to evoke the Hudson’s River proximity, along with musk and teakwood, to remind us that Bond No. 9 High Line is a metro-perfume".
Now, that does make sense.