Monday 27 September 2010

NARS The Vintage Nail Polish Collection


I love anything that's old, my vintage 1930s engagement ring, my battered Armani handbag that I picked up for £25, '80s Bratpack movies and even my old husband! Ok, he's not that old but you get the point!

I normally associate the word 'vintage' with clothes, never with cosmetics. However, my eyes lit up when I received information about the Vintage Nail Polish Collection from NARS. With five shades resurrected from the NARS archives by popular demand and the theme centred around classic cinema, it's an on-counter spectacular that I shall not be missing.

Hot off the nail press are:

Mash (my favourite)
Colour: Army green infused with gold
The comedy about the staff of a Korean War field hospital using humor to keep their sanity in the face of war. The film inspired the TV series M*A*S*H.

King Kong
Colour: Copper brown infused with gold
A classic movie about the infamous giant ape who becomes smitten with beauty.

Midnight Express
Colour: Deep navy
The 1970s film for an inmate’s opportunity to escape from prison.

Zulu
Colour: Forest green
A British war movie starring Stanley Baker and Michael Caine, directed by Cy Endfield in 1964.

Full Metal Jacket
Colour: Gunmetal grey
An epic Vietnam War movie directed by Stanley Kubrick in 1987.

Modern classics, I think you'll agree.

The collection is limited edition, naturally. All good things have to come to an end, right?

Price: £13.00 each
Available: October 1st at Selfridges (0800 123 400)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin