Thursday 11 December 2008

Beauty Scoop is Back


Did you miss me? Well, I sure missed you and boy do I have a ton of beauty bits to give you today...all the way from the Big Apple. That's right, I've gone to the beauty capital of the world to bring you the best 'bites' from across the pond.

Are you ready? Let's go...
1. First up is a divine range called Sabon. I hopped into their store on Prince Street in the heart of Soho and was treated to a gorgeous, revitalising hand and arm scrub in their signature Patchouli Lavender Vanilla scent, followed by a layer of their deliciously creamy body lotion in the same scent. Aside from that and the amazing service, I also fell in love with their Relaxing Massage Oil - it's great for a moisture boost before bedtime and contains grapeseed, neroli and lavender oil to soothe. Slather it on and wake up smooth and silky skinned. Or, if you like to share, why not treat the man in your life to a back massage? If that doesn't get him in the mood, I don't know what will. http://www.sabonnyc.com/

Ehem, back to the beauty!

2. Next up is The Balm. I discovered this 'cute as a button' brand whilst perusing the many aisles of Sephora. This brand was founded by beauty lover (aren't we all?) Marissa Shipman, who'd had enough of the corporate world and wanted to make products that not only smelled delicious but also made people look and feel fabulous. Eh voila, The Balm was born! In a similar vein to Benefit, The Balm seeks to take a cheeky spin on each product but never comprises on workability. My personal favourite is their lipstick Read My Lips (in the 'Scoop' shade of course!) Another must have is Bahama Mama - no, not the low rent nightclub in Hoboken, NJ but their amazingly flattering bronzing powder! Check it out at
http://www.thebalm.com/

3. Who's next, I hear you cry? Why it's Bath Junkie. I stumbled across this sleek sanctuary on my way to Lupa (the best Italian in NYC) I opened the door and was transported into a world of high end spa 'paraphernalia' - what is not to love about that? BJ is great because it provides great, friendly service while offering us consumers hard working, amazing products. Their concept is pretty simple, but totally unique. You decide how you want your product to smell (they have over 200 fragrances to choose from) and, say you want everything to smell of strawberries but you have a blue bathroom, they'll turn the strawberry smelling product blue! No more worrying about colour matching and just think, you can adapt your favourite fragrance to match every bathroom in your house. Super, super cool. My favourite is the Chanel # 5 type...FYI present buyers!!!
http://www.bathjunkie.com/

4. To finish, perhaps one of my favourite beauty discoveries thus far - Red Flower. An exquisite, darkly lit shop on Prince Street, I was almost frightened to go in but I'm so glad that I did. Nestled within its dark interior lies the secret to true beauty contentment. Ok, that might be pushing it slightly but I have definitely discovered a thoughtful, fragrance focused product line that could melt the coldest of hearts. Aside from the beautiful fragrances (icelandic moonflower, north american lilac and himalayan larch to name but a few) the candles are a must buy. Perhaps the cutest are the 'Little Candles' which are accompanied by matches that could fit in Tom Thumb's pocket. A lovely gift for that someone special in your life (you!)
http://www.redflower.com/

Ok, that's it for now but I'll be back asap for more scooping fun! NYC forever.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin